The New York Business Plan Competition judges will evaluate your pitch and responses to their questions based on the following criteria:
- Market Opportunity -- Clear market need and a plan to take advantage of the need.
- Competitive Advantage -- The product or service is something unique that has a protectable competitive advantage in the proposed market.
- Management Capability -- The team has the skills and experience to develop this company and address the risks associated with the venture.
- Financial Understanding -- The team has a solid understanding of the financial requirements of the business.
- Venture Maturity -- This team has incorporated as a business and is in contact with potential customers.
- Presentation -- The pitch presented the venture in a clear, compelling manner, and answered questions well.
- Investment Potential -- The business is a real investment opportunity in which you would consider investing.